Walsh Design Group (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to adhering to the privacy principles of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR).
This Privacy Notice outlines the privacy practices employed by Walsh Design Group with regard to our clients, associates and staff. It is intended to help you understand what Personal Data we collect about you, why we collect it, and what we do with it.
Walsh Design Group is a trading name of Browne Asset Solutions Ltd. and has its registered address at No. 2 The Mall, Maryborough Woods, Douglas, Co. Cork, T12 K8YT.
2.0 Definition of Personal Data
“Personal Data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier such as a user IP addresses or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person and includes Special Categories of Personal Data as outlined in the GDPR EU 2016/679.
3.0 Type of Personal Data that is collected and processed
The type of Personal Data we collect is determined by the nature of our relationship with you. Any Personal Data that you voluntarily submit to us will be treated in confidence. The Personal Data we collect may include:
• your name and contact details, including your signature, address, phone number and email address;
• information necessary for planning permissions / local authority and regulatory submissions;
• land and property ownership records;
• financial details including your bank account number;
• insurance details;
• your date of birth;
• your employment history, role or job title, qualifications, skills and personal interests;
• your salary and PPS number.
3.1 Website data
When you visit our website, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
3.3 Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
4.0 The purpose for collecting and processing your Personal Data
• the performance of our contractual obligations;
• to comply with our legal obligations;
• to provide customer service to our clients and prospective clients;
• to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
• to send you marketing emails that you have consented to;
• to maintain employment and training records;
• to maintain accounts records.
Our legal basis for collecting and using this information in accordance with the provisions of this Data Privacy Notice is:
• that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
• that it is necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us by law (including the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005);
• that it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us;
• that you have provided consent to us for the use of your Personal Data.
Where you have provided consent for the use of your Personal Data, you can withdraw it at any time by emailing email@example.com, however, this will not affect the lawfulness of processing which was carried out based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
5.0 Disclosure of Personal Data to a third party
We may disclose your Personal Data to various recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
• to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as outsourced service providers, IT service providers, professional advisers and auditors;
• to comply with any applicable law or regulation or other statutory requirement.
6.0 Transfer of your Personal Data outside of the EU
We will not transfer your Personal Data outside of the EU without your permission.
7.0 How we secure your Personal Data
Your personal data will only be used for the purposes you supplied it. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
8.0 Your rights
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your Personal Data:
• Right of access;
• Right to rectification;
• Right to erasure;
• Right to restriction of processing;
• Right to object;
• Right to data portability.
In order to exercise any of the rights relating to the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating ‘Data Protection’ in the subject field.
We will only hold your Personal Data for as long as is necessary or to comply with any applicable statutory requirement.
10.0 Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is effective from 25th May 2018. We reserve the right to update this notice at any time. Any changes to this notice will be posted on our web-site.
11.0 Questions or complaints
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice you may contact us at:
Walsh Design Group,
No. 2 The Mall,