Understandably, having the right qualifications and expertise is a prerequisite for a successful candidate at Walsh Design Group. Coupled with this, however, it is essential that candidates wishing to join us possess a commercial drive and desire to be part of a fast growing Irish business.
We are always willing to hear from people who have this drive and determination to succeed. If you feel that you possess this please email us at email@example.com.
Current vacancy: Mechanical / Building Services Engineer
Walsh Design Group is seeking to expand our consultancy services to include the provision of Mechanical / Building Services design. Accordingly, we are seeking to employ a suitably qualified and motivated Mechanical / Building Services Engineer at our Cork office. The ideal candidate will be interested in taking a lead role in growing the mechanical design service within the practice.
- Mechanical / Building Services design, working closely with the company directors to grow the business.
- Design of HVAC and Pipework systems using AutoCAD, Revit MEP.
- Client, project team & contractor interaction.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections and liaising with project teams.
- Prepare specifications and designs of Mechanical Building Services systems.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical design and engineering techniques with full knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Check project documentation, drawings and calculations.
- Co-ordinate project engineering design activities.
- Ensure all design calculations comply with the company QA system.
- Production of services budgets.
The candidate should possess excellent communication skills and hold a degree in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. In addition, the candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience of designing mechanical services installations, preferably in the educational, commercial, office and housing sectors. They should be a good communicator, be proactive, and have a strong ability to work independently and with others in a multi-functional project team. They must be self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative. Experience with IES, LEED and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage. A full driving licence and own transport is essential.
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org